Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Paul Oakenfold - The harder they come





Song: The harder they come
Artist: Paul Oakenfold
Album: Bunkka
Genre: Electronic
Year: 2003





Since the day a friend of mine lend me this album I can say that Paul Oakenfold is one of the best electronic music composers I've ever heard (I'm not gonna enter into giving my opinion about how are his live sesions 'cause it would take me too long... let's just say that he's simply awesome). Considered now the eighth best dj in the world and with the status as the world's most successful Dj, Oakey (that's how their close friends call him) is as much responsible as anyone for making Ibiza the clubber's paradise it is today and everybody will recognize his subsequent labour of introducing house music in the UK on 80's.

But at this album you'll find a lot of genres mixed with electronical music (from hip-hop to orchestral music), not another incredible live session, which just emphasizes how good he is. The most lovely track is The harder they come, in which Nelly Furtado is in charge of the voice.
(Artist official web) (People opinions at Amazon.com)

0 comments: