Wednesday, January 17, 2007

30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill

Song: The Kill
Artist: 30 Seconds To Mars
Album: A Beautiful Lie
Genre: Alternative Rock
Year: 2005

(Artist official web)
(Wiki link) (Last.fm link)
(Amazon.com link)

Reading some music-blog the other day I discovered that Jared Leto (if you haven't seen Requiem for a Dream, you must) had a rock band. I've been really impressed with their second album, that I could mark it as "one of the best albums I've heard on the past few weeks". I think that they've had a great idea by paying more attention to their music videos: The Kill Music Video is based on The Shining (they won the MTV Video Music Awards 2006 - MTV2 Award with this video), and From Yesterday Video is a full samurai tale.

What if I wanted to break. Laugh it all off in your face. What would you do?
What if I fell to the floor. Couldn't take all this anymore. What would you do?

Come, break me down, bury me. I am finished with you

What if I wanted to fight. Beg for the rest of my life. What would you do?
You say you wanted more. What are you waiting for? I'm not running from you.

Come, break me down. Bury me. I am finished with you.
Look in my eyes. You're killing me. All I wanted was you.

I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now, this is who I really am inside.
Finally found myself, fighting for a chance. I know now, this is who I really am.


0 comments: