Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Rob Dougan - Furious Angels




Song: Furious Angels
Artist: Rob Dougan
Album: Furious Angels
Genre: Orchestral, Electronic, Instrumental
Year: 2002



If I had to do a top list of my favourites albums, it would be a hard thing to do. But I'm completely sure this album would be on the top ten (even one of the highest rated). After listening Clubbed to Death [darkness mix] (also known as kurayamino mix) [watch it] for the first time I realized this man would become one of my favourites composers. But after hearing this album, all my predictions get confirmed: it's plenty of heart, passion and talent. If you have not this album, believe me, you should.

I just can't wait for his new album (already four years from this one it's too much).

As a special remark, I will post some explanation that RD does about his composition (you could find it on any interview): "I'm associated with dance music, with electronica, which makes me feel ill. I only learnt all the boring computer crap as a means to an end. Virtually all musicians these days use computers, but if you write a book on a computer, nobody calls it electronic writing; the format you use doesn't necessarily affect the outcome".
(Artist official web) (People opinions at Amazon.com) (Wiki link) (Last.fm link)

Previous Post: Rob Dougan - I'm Not Driving Anymore

Video (YouTube.com)
:

0 comments: