Monday, October 09, 2006

Rufus Wainwright - April Fools



Song: April Fools
Artist: Rufus Wainwright
Album: Rufus Wainwright
Genre: Folk-Rock
Year: 1998

(Artist official web)
(Wiki link) (Last.fm link)
(Amazon.com link)

The other day I read an article (spanish only) explaining where he comes from, which are his incluences, the meaning of some of his songs lyrics and, most important of all, why this man is a completely genius. I'm glad I found it, because now I'm able to appreciate on another level all his compositions.

Sing said once: "Rufus is out of time. He could have appeared on any music time but even so he would be that unique voice. He has something different to sing about".

Elton John said too: "I think that Rufus is the best composer on earth. He has no competence".

I do agree. I think that Rufus and Jeff Buckley are one of the most talented composers on his generation (taking apart that the second one is already dead).

0 comments: