Thursday, November 16, 2006

Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should Have Come Over


Song: Lover, You Should Have Come Over
Artist: Jeff Buckley
Album: Grace
Genre: Alternative Rock
Year: 1994

(Artist official web)
(Wiki link) (Last.fm link)
(Amazon.com link)

Poetry made lyric, poetry made sounds, poetry made music. Sung from the heart, straight to your heart and soul. No more words needed.

Looking out the door I see the rain fall upon the funeral mourners. Parading in a wake of sad relations as their shoes fill up with water. And maybe Im too young to keep good love from going wrong, but tonight youre on my mind so you'll never know.

When Im broken down and hungry for your love with no way to feed it, where are you tonight? Child you know how much I need it. Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run.

Sometimes a man gets carried away, when he feels like he should be having his fun, and much too blind to see the damage hes done. Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no-one.

So Ill wait for you... and I'll burn. Will I ever see your sweet return? Oh, will I ever learn? Oh, lover, you should've come over 'cause its not too late.

Lonely is the room, the bed is made, the open window lets the rain in. Burning in the corner is the only one who dreams he had you with him. My body turns and yearns for a sleep that will never come.

Its never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder. Its never over, all my riches for her smiles when I slept so soft against her. Its never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter. Its never over, shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.

Well maybe Im just too young. To keep good love from going wrong. Oh... lover, you should've come over cause its not too late.

Well I feel too young to hold on and Im much too old to break free and run. Too deaf, dumb, and blind to see the damage Ive done. Sweet lover, you shouldve come over. Oh, love well Im waiting for you. Lover, you should've come over cause its not too late.


Here you have a live performance. Too sad that he'll never do anyother again.

2 comments:

RickBlaine said...

Oh my god!!! this is the disk cover that Bustamante used as inspiration...

http://www.escolar.net/MT/archives/bustabuckley.jpg

:p

Regards!!

Rubs (choked@mp) said...

One difficult question? Which one of them composes his own songs? XD