Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago



Song: Chicago
Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Album: Illinois
Genre: Folk-Rock
Year: 2005

(Artist official web)
(Wiki link) (Last.fm link)
(Amazon.com link)

About a year ago I posted how much this album had impressed me. After such a long time, there are some posible situations:
  1. Your opinion has changed and now you hate it. You're so bored of it.
  2. You've forgotten to listen to it, and your opinion remains the same.
  3. You've listened to it some times (not much) and you think it's a good album, but not as much as you thought before.
  4. You still love it as much as before. You still can pay the same attention while it's playing.
  5. You love it even more! A master-piece! A brilliant composition, a genius on music art.
Which one do you think are my thoughts right now? If you are not sure, listen to the track. The solution lies beneath music.

I fell in love again (all things go). drove to Chicago (all things know). We sold our clothes to the state (I don't mind). I made a lot of mistakes in my mind.

You came to take us (all things go) to recreate us (all things grow). We had our mindset (all things know), you had to find it (all things go).

I drove to New York in a van, with my friend. We slept in parking lots, I don't mind. I was in love with the place in my mind. I made a lot of mistakes in my mind.

You came to take us (all things go) to recreate us (all things grow). We had our mindset (all things know), you had to find it (all things go).

if I was crying in the van, with my friend. It was for freedom from myself and from the land. I made a lot of mistakes.

You came to take us (all things go) to recreate us (all things grow). We had our mindset (all things know), you had to find it (all things go).


Previous Post: Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

1 comments:

RickBlaine said...

Looooove the song, its just going from my torrent to my Itunes.

Regards master, hope to see you soon!!!