Saturday, November 25, 2006

Morrissey - Life Is A Pigsty

Title: Life Is A Pigsty
Artist: Morrissey
Album: Ringleader Of The Tormentors
Genre: Alternative
Year 2006

(Official Web)
(Wiki) (Last.fm)
(Amazon.com)

Lack of love history over-exaggerated (the word pigsty doesn't fits on this situation, couldn't he had chosen another one?), but exposed with an incredible composition. The fact that drums and bass keep the same tempo all over the song while it's singer's voice the one who carries rhythm (with a sweet piano on background), accompanied with some fx perfectly chosen (rain, thunders,...), have achieved that It has been included on my usual listened playlist. On the other hand, we must admint that maybe the song is too long (7:22); five minutes should have had been enough.

It’s the same old S.O.S. but with brand new broken fortunes. And once again I turn to you.
It’s the same old S.O.S. but with brand new broken fortunes. I’m the same underneath, but this you surely knew. Life is a pigsty.

And if you don’t know this, then what do you know? Every second of my life I only live for you. And you can shoot me, and you can throw me off a train. I still maintain life is a pigsty.

And I’d been shifting gears all along my life, but I’m still the same underneath. This you surely knew, I can’t reach you anymore.

Can you please stop time? Can you stop the pain? I feel too cold and now I feel too warm again.
Can you stop this pain? Even now in the final hour of my life I’m falling in love again.


0 comments: